Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

About to take my car to the shop, and thinking that the last time I did that, I got a phone call from Phil Athans wanting the full manuscript of my first novel. Will I be so lucky, today? I doubt it. Still, it reminded me that Phil Athans has a book coming out in July 2010, which I got to see a bit early. It's geared specifically towards the epic/heroic fantasy that leans heavily towards adventurism. Even folks who aren't interested in writing that sort of stuff can learn from it the lessons of Tolkein and Lieber's children.

If I were to give this to a writer, it would be teen writers, especially. I wish I had this book handy when I was a teen.

The Guide to Writing Fantasy and Science Fiction: 6 Steps to Writing and Publishing Your Bestseller!

No comments: