Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

geek social networking smackdown...

Two sites went up recent-like.

One of them Tor.com got big, fast. Real fast. You know 'em, you love 'em, Tor Books is the largest publisher of Science Fiction and Fantasy Books in the world. It's like a constant party at the drug dealer's Jamaican mansion over there. Nothing but big names (Scalzi, Doctorow, etc.) and big content (Irene Gallo's visitation of the Steampunk Art Show, free samples of books).

The other is Hardcore Nerdity, which is not big, just yet. They have a geekier feel (less corporate, which I like better). Also, they have movie reviews, geek interviews, and geek eyeballs perusing beyond just the book-o-sphere.

I haven't decided which one I like better.

Well, here they are, battling for my eyeballs: www.tor.com VS www.hardcorenerdity.com

I'm going to go post something at both places now, and see what happens.

No comments: