Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Hm. I ask a boon.

Since you come here, traveler, I know that you are aware of my book. Perhaps you have read the book. Perhps not.

Regardless, I am always wonderign if I can do everything I can to promote the book. I worked very hard on it, you know, and I don't always know if I'm doing everything I can to make the book successful.

Can you, fair reader, help me?

Do you have a blog? A message board? Can you post an Amazon review? A Barnes and Noble review? A Books-A-Million review?

For just a few moments, would it be terrible of you to say something truthful about my book in a place where your words perchance might influence others?

Also, if anyone is going to conventions outside of Texas, can you e-mail me your address? I'd love to mail out little cards to be left upon freebie tables at any convention at all.

6 comments:

K.C. Shaw said...

I just posted an Amazon review--sorry, I didn't even think to do that earlier! I gave you five stars. :) And I have Last Dragon listed as recommended on my blog.

Larry Nolen said...

Well, I suppose I could mention your book somewhere on my blog...

Oh wait, I already did. You might have to wait until later this year for a further mention, if I get around to writing a half-year recommendations post like I'm considering.

Of course, I'm wondering about that squid of yours and if that'll appear on the cover of your next book...

Charles said...

Oh no, squid. It's a conspiracy! Together with VanderMeer!

J m mcdermott said...

Nauticles is incognito, at the moment, researching important materials for the next book.

Women are involved. And Dwarves. And Panthers.

I wait impatiently for his research report on the subject.

Pony English said...

I've posted it in my blogs and seeing as how we have the same initials and last name I do alot of word of mouth. When you posted my picture I urged more people to check it out. I last checked my Barnes & Noble, I had slight trouble finding your book, because it looks like a couple more units were bought. Maybe there is hope for South Texas after all.

Pony English said...

Did a facebook review for your book as well as did an Amazon review. Hope that helps.